You will need to provide a fax number for your lienholder if you do not have the title document. Columbia Tag and Title, LLC will send a request to your lienholder for the title to be sent to us. Upon receipt of the title document, Columbia Tag and Title, LLC will write or call you to inform you that we have received the title. We will inform you of the excise tax due and ask you to send your completed Application for Certificate of Title (form # VR-005)
To request a personalized (vanity) plate you can complete an Application for Special Registration Plates (form # VR-164) at our location or fill online then print when you come in. along with the additional yearly fee (payable by check or money order) and a copy of the current registration card. The process takes approximately eight weeks to complete
An individual may request disability placard(s) or plate as follows:
- One disability placard only, or
- One disability plate only, or
- One disability plate and one disability placard, or
- Two disability placards.
You may choose either one-disability placard or disability plate, or one plate and one placard or two placards. Placards are designed to easily move from one vehicle to another, whether its a vehicle you own personally or a vehicle you’re riding in owned by another.
If your plates are stolen, notify the police and obtain a report. You will then need to fill out the Application for Substitute Plates/Stickers/Duplicate Registration (form # VR-009). There is a fee for substitute plates. The completed form can be brought to Columbia Tag and Title, LLC
Maryland law requires that all motor vehicles registered in Maryland be insured by a company licensed in Maryland and carry coverage of $30,000 for bodily injury per person, $60,000 for bodily injury for two or more people, and $15,000 for property damage.
A “motorcycle” means a motor vehicle that:
- Has motive power;
- Has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider;
- Is designed to travel
- On not more than 3 wheels in contact with the ground; and
- At speeds exceeding 35 miles per hour; and
- Is of a type required to comply with all motor vehicle safety standards applicable to motorcycles under Federal law.
A motor scooter is defined in Maryland Vehicle Law, Section 11-134.5 as a non-pedal vehicle that:
- Has a seat for the operator.
- Has two wheels, of which one is 10 inches or more in diameter.
- Has a step-through chassis.
- Has a motor with a rating of 2.7 brake horsepower or less or if the motor is an internal combustion engine, with a capacity of 50 cubic centimeters piston displacement or less.
- Equipped with an automatic transmission.
Contact Us Now!
- Monday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday Closed
Columbia Tag and Title
9110 Red Branch Rd Suite N, Columbia, MD 21045
Give us a call